Textile Instruments / TEXTECHNO
Universal Yarn Tester for Filament Yarns
The DYNAFIL ME+ from Textechno is a dynamic yarn tester that accurately measures yarn properties like draw-force, shrinkage, and crimp on the running thread. By closely analyzing draw-force and shrinkage, which are strongly connected to molecular orientation, this advanced testing device provides valuable insights into the dye-uptake process in Polyester.
High-Speed Yarn Testing
The tester is equipped with two separate godet rollers – optionally with nip rollers – with individual high-precision electronic drives for yarn speeds up to 1000 m/min. A non-contact heater (500 °C) with flap and driving mechanism for automatic threading into the heater channel facilitates threading and allows heater temperature above the melting point of the yarn.
The tester can measure
- Draw-force of POY, FDY or FOY
- Crimp-force or percent crimp of DTY
- Shrinkage-force or percent shrinkage of all kinds of yarns
For testing crimp and shrinkage on texturized yarns, especially BCF, a third godet allows simultaneous measurement of crimp and residual shrinkage.
Optionally the instrument can be combined with
- Friction testing device
- Broken filament counter
- Entanglement (stability) measuring device
- Capacitive evenness tester COVAFIL+
- Linear-density tester COMCOUNT including sample collector
- Automatic package-changers+ (20-positions) or SM (2-positions)
Application fields for DYNAFIL ME+